Sunday, February 17, 2013

Operation Danner Get Fit

Ooh rah!  

So because our lives lack a certain Schwarzenegger-ian element, and we're battling the eternal struggle between good and evil (ie the pumped up vs. the flabby), we're getting ourselves in shape and eating right in a little thing we call Operation Danner Get Fit.  We're pretty much modeling our lives after Hans and Franz and hoping for the best.

But seriously.  Chad and I are stoked to get in shape and cut out the crap from our lives.

I'm not sure if I've written much about this (because I haven't written much at all...) but I was put on a little devil called Prednisone a few months back.  Oh you sly dog, you, big P! True, you're helping immensely to heal my sick lungs from the bleomycin toxicity, however a *fun* side effect is that I've gained close to 40 lbs now.  It sounds better to me when I say it's only 35 lbs, but that's not always true, you knowwww-sometimes you're heavier in the afternoon, or when you've just had a big meal!!...?

Truthfully the Prednisone only actually caused about 10-12 lbs of water weight...the other 30+ comes from the desire to eat and my ability to do so...constantly.  Who needs one cream puff when you can have 8?  That english muffin sounds much tastier if it has both peanut butter and Nutella on it, don't you think?  And I don't much bother with twist ties or chip clips these days...cause once the bag is open there's not much chance it's going back in the pantry.  

So, Chad and I have our work cut out for us.  We both suffer from overeating and no desire for portion control.  Also, we have a hatred for working out when there's better things to do...play on our phones, watch the cat sleep, think about our next meal...hence Operation Danner Get Fit.

Enjoy some photo evidence from today:
Sneak attack photo!  Somebody wasn't readyyy.  And evidence that I should usually smile.  I just wanted to put this one up cause it made Chad, Jack and I laugh today. 

This happened right after.  Because I'm from the generation that when I see a camera, or an iPhone facing me, I'm primed and ready for a photo-opportunity!

2 Things to point out from photo #2:
1. You know how cute it is when babies have that double chin action going on?  Not so cute on me.  And I found out from this picture that I've got double cheeks, too. 
2. Black really is slimming.  I've always appreciated that.  But even black is having a hard time keeping up here.

All this to say, we're ready!  It's going to be hard, but we're stoked to get in shape and feel good again-because it's not so much losing the weight-but I would prefer not to have to buy all new pants-but it's about being healthy and eating well and staying active and being strong!  We want to promote not only healthy living, but a desire to take care of the bodies God has entrusted to us.

So listen to Hans and Franz, and let them help you get in shape too!  They're ready to...pump (clap) you up!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you guys! Not an easy task- but well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you guys! Don't get discouraged because of the drugs. It is entirely possible to get back to where you were once you are done :)

    ReplyDelete