Monday, September 10, 2012

Extra Wide Part

While in the shower this morning, I had a thought.  It went like this, "This is the last day I'll wash my hair." For a while at least.  I wonder if I'm supposed to wash a bald head.  Does it really get dirty if there's no hair?
Oh, this is the last day I'll wash my hair because we shaved it tonight!  It's been falling out for about 10 days now, and it's very evident that it's past the point of a cute pixie cut or sweet mohawk.  The bald spots are now impossible to cover up with other hair.  I look quite funny.  I've taken to wearing scarves everyday-beautiful ones my Grandma sent me! but when the scarves are off, Chad laughs and says I look like a little boy.  It's true.  The little hair I have left falls in a perfect middle part, and is straight until it comes past my ears, and all that gets curly.  I'm like a bad school photo.  I should put up my sixth grade photo just for comparison.  Thank goodness I've still got eyelashes and can wear mascara! The clippers came over tonight.  Literally-Homes is brought them, and we shaved this mother trucker!
Enjoy some pics...
 here we go!  Notice the extra wide part and all those patches...not how it's supposed to look, folks ;)
 Thomas fulfilled a dream tonight...cutting someones hair. 
 And then B took a try!
 hahah, I was chatting the entire time, I didn't know what the process looked like, so thanks Dave for leaving that beautiful front section.
 hahaha I had to put this one up-ewwww look at whats left, just the sideburns.
 hit a rough patch.
 Thanks friends for making this a memorable night :)  and Happy Birthday Kel!

 Finished product.  Chad calls it my marshmallow head.  Guess I should try and get it a little tan before the suns all gone.
lastly, my awesome barber.  Thanks Dave!

7 comments:

  1. You're a beautiful baldy! Thanks for sharing the sweet pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. em, you're awesome.

    this is great.

    you're so brave.

    and i agree with Laura: you wear bald well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and props to the barber, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just think of the time savings not having to wash and style your hair any more. Nap Time :)

    Besides when it does grow back it will be all new and soft just like baby Marins is now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it, love it! Another reason for a party with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Emily! We've met before but just in passing. We share a dear friend in common…Megan Clegg. :) That's how I found your blog. Praying for the joy that comes from the Lord to reign in your heart. Sounds like it already is! You have a great spirit and not too many people would look as pretty as you do bald. Love how the community has already gathered around. What a special place to be. We'll be praying!
    Hugs,
    Stacey (& Rob) O'Donnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so gorgeous, full of sunshine, and such a blessing to all!

    And seriously... very most definitely the prettiest bald person I've ever seen.

    Love you, Emily!

    ReplyDelete